InvestNow Fund Manager – APN Property Group
APN Property Group Limited (APN) is a specialist real estate investment manager that actively manages real estate funds on behalf of institutional and retail investors.
Established in 1996, APN is listed on the ASX and manages $2.9 billion (as at 30 Jun 2019) of real estate and real estate securities. APN trades on the ASX under the code “APD”.
APN’s approach to real estate investment is based on a “property for income” philosophy. This philosophy remains central to APN’s four businesses (Real Estate Securities, APN Industria REIT, APN Convenience Retail REIT and Direct Funds).
APN’s ongoing strategy is driven by a commitment to investment performance and outstanding service. APN’s competitive advantage is based on:
- Track record;
- Co-investment and alignment with investors; and
- Strong governance.
APN has significant experience in managing real estate investments. Focusing exclusively on real estate over many years provides a depth of understanding which enables APN to deliver value to investors.
APN’s team of investment professionals possess real estate experience spanning several property cycles. Investment decisions are supported by extensive research and valuation processes that have been developed over two decades.
APN Property Group on InvestNow
APN AREIT PIE Fund
The APN AREIT PIE Fund (the Fund) is a PIE-compliant New Zealand-domiciled fund with investments managed by APN Funds Management Limited. Implemented Investment Solutions (IIS) is the issuer and manager of the Fund. The Fund is registered as an offer within a Managed Investment Scheme under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 and is regulated by the FMA.
The APN AREIT PIE Fund provides exposure to a diversified portfolio of Australian commercial property. The Fund invests in listed property, predominantly Australian AREIT shares held through an Australian unit trust.
Investment Policy and Objectives – The investment objective is to provide investors with a consistent, relatively high level of income combined with some capital growth, sourced primarily from AREITs listed on the ASX. The Fund aims to:
- have a gross annual income yield (before management fees and expenses) that equates to at least 110% of the average yield of the S&P/ASX 200 A-REIT Index dividend yield, measured annually.
- provide investors with a level of capital growth which at least matches increases in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) over a 5 – 7 year time horizon.
- provide lower than market volatility.
Investment Strategy – To invest in listed property via an Underlying Fund. The Fund will not invest in direct property. The Investment Manager does not intend to use derivatives other than for currency hedging purposes. The Fund targets a position of being fully hedged back to New Zealand Dollars.
Benchmark – S&P ASX 300 AREIT Total Return Index – NZD Hedged
APN Asian REIT Fund
The APN Asian REIT Fund is an income focused property securities fund that invests in a portfolio of listed Asian Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs).
The Fund will invest primarily in REITs listed on the securities exchanges of the Asia Region (including, but not limited to, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan and New Zealand, but excluding Australia), as well as cash and fixed interest investments.
Investment objectives – The primary investment return objectives of the Fund are to:
- provide investors with a consistent and relatively high level of income compared to the Benchmark, combined with some capital growth, derived predominantly from investing in Asian REITs;
- deliver a gross annual income yield (before management fees, expenses and taxes) that equates to at least 110% of the average yield of the Benchmark
- provide investors with some capital growth over a 5-7 year time horizon; and
- provide lower than market volatility
- Focus on generating sustainable, regular and relatively high income returns through investing in listed property securities.
- Access to an underlying diversified portfolio of thousands of quality commercial real estate assets predominantly located in Asia.
- Monthly distributions.
- Actively managed (non-index aware) portfolio, applying a highly disciplined and proven strategy designed to deliver on the Fund’s income and risk objectives.
- 100% liquid – daily applications and withdrawals.
This fund is suited to
- Medium to long term investors.
- Investors seeking consistent and high levels of income and the potential for some long term capital growth.
- Investors seeking tax effective income.
- SMSFs – investors managing their own retirement.
- Investors wanting access to a diversified portfolio of quality Asian REITs.