InvestNow Fund Manager – Hunter Investment Management
InvestNow is an online investment platform that provides access to over 140 investment options to Kiwi investors. We specialise in providing access to Managed Funds & Term Deposits, and choose only the best Fund Managers to partner with.
Hunter Investment Management is one of 20+ specialist Fund Managers that have partnered with InvestNow.
What Hunter Investment Management has to say
Hunter Investment Management (Hunter) is a New Zealand based investment management business established by industry veteran Tony Hildyard. Initially Hunter established the Hunter Global Fixed Interest Fund which has grown to having over $850 million of assets today, with the underlying investment portfolio being managed by PIMCO. Hunter recently launched the Hunter Balanced and Growth Fund which provide investors with well diversified, tax efficient, low cost funds which both have management fees of 0.37% per annum including GST.
Hunter’s investment philosophy is based on the following beliefs:
- both active and passive investment strategies can play valuable roles within portfolio construction;
- strategic asset allocation is an important component in determining long-term investment returns and the trade-off between risk and return;
- diversification across a range of geographic regions, asset classes and securities are important risk mitigation factors;
- regular rebalancing is beneficial to ensure appropriate risk tolerances are maintained so long as this is undertaken in a cost-effective way;
- fees reduce returns to investors and are an important consideration; and
- taxation can also be a drag on returns and structuring of investment matters.
For more information, please visit hunterinvestments.co.nz
Hunter Investment Management on InvestNow
Hunter Balanced Fund
The Fund aims for mid-range long-run returns by investing in a diversified portfolio with a balance of income and growth assets. The Fund’s objective is to perform broadly in line with the return of its investment benchmark before fees and tax over the long-term. The Fund’s investment benchmark is the weighted average return (before tax, fees and other expenses) of the asset class benchmark indices. The long-term returns from the Hunter Balanced Fund are likely to be lower and more stable than those of the Hunter Growth Fund.
Hunter Global Fixed Interest Fund
The Hunter Global Fixed Interest Fund (the Fund) is a PIE-compliant New Zealand-domiciled fund with investments managed by PIMCO.
The key features of the Fund, including the risk and return objectives, are:
- Providing investors with a PIE compliant fund managed by leading global fixed interest manager PIMCO
- Actively managed with the objective of outperforming the Bloomberg Barclays Global Aggregate Index – 100% NZD Hedged
- Access to PIMCO’s experienced fund managers, dedicated to producing the best possible returns for our investors.
- An agile company with a flat structure, enabling us to exploit investment opportunities faster.
Hunter Growth Fund
The Fund aims for high long-run returns by investing in a diversified portfolio weighted towards growth assets but with some income asset exposure. The Fund’s objective is to perform broadly in line with the return of its investment benchmark before fees and tax over the long-term. The Fund’s investment benchmark is the weighted average return (before tax, fees and other expenses) of the asset class benchmark indices.