Hunter Investment Management (Hunter) is a New Zealand based investment management business established by industry veteran Tony Hildyard. Initially Hunter established the Hunter Global Fixed Interest Fund which has grown to having over $850 million of assets today, with the underlying investment portfolio being managed by PIMCO. Hunter recently launched the Hunter Balanced and Growth Fund which provide investors with well diversified, tax efficient, low cost funds which both have management fees of 0.37% per annum including GST.
Hunter’s investment philosophy is based on the following beliefs:
- both active and passive investment strategies can play valuable roles within portfolio construction;
- strategic asset allocation is an important component in determining long-term investment returns and the trade-off between risk and return;
- diversification across a range of geographic regions, asset classes and securities are important risk mitigation factors;
- regular rebalancing is beneficial to ensure appropriate risk tolerances are maintained so long as this is undertaken in a cost-effective way;
- fees reduce returns to investors and are an important consideration; and
- taxation can also be a drag on returns and structuring of investment matters.
For more information, please visit hunterinvestments.co.nz