How do I obtain a certified copy of an identification document?
We are required by law to verify your identity as part of the account opening process and ongoing due diligence (Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009).
Where we ask you to supply certified copies of your identification documentation, you can ask “Trusted Reference” persons from the following occupations to complete this verification.
- Justice of the Peace
- Registered medical doctor
- Registered teacher
- Registered chartered accountant
- Minister of religion
- Member of parliament
- Notary public
- Employee of the police (who holds the office of constable)
- NZ Honorary Consul
To certify the documents, the certifier is required to:
- Confirm the identification documents are a true copy of the original
- Sign the certified copy and include their name, occupation and date.
- Full name and occupation of the Trusted Reference
When you provide certified copies of your identification, the certification should have occurred within the previous six months.